Given the unusual times we live in now – and the incredible popularity of the SfP KnowledgeHub webinar series we’ve been running since April – we’re really pleased to be able to offer you some great online training and learning in place of our usual Summer School this year. Join us from the comfort of your own home for something altogether different – our special Virtual Choral Conference, offering unique programmes of activity for choral enthusiasts of every kind!
Courses available during the conference:
- The Virtual Choir Course for singers of all abilities, led by vocal specialists Themba Mvula and Suzzie Vango, culminating in a compiled ‘performance’ at the end of the week featuring two choral pieces selected from those to be worked on during the course;
- The Conducting Essentials Course for complete beginners, those with some conducting experience, or anyone keen to familiarise themselves with the basics of our approach – and also eminently suitable for individuals looking to lead singing in the classroom;
- The Conductor’s Toolkit Course for more experienced conductors, or those who have successfully completed our Intermediate 1 choral conducting course, allowing them to hone their skills and broaden their understanding of choral conducting and today’s choral world. Please note: for those unable to take part in the full course due to time pressures, we are also offering three shorter courses, each focusing on different subject areas and comprising four interactive hour-long workshops. To discover more, please visit our Short Courses event listing.
Each day will begin with a whole-conference “wake and shake” warm up, and there’ll also be a range of virtual ‘social’ activities to round off the day of learning.
For more outline details of the various courses and fees, download the main conference brochure:
The full programme of activity for each course, giving further information on content over the week, can also be downloaded below:
- Katy Lavinia Cooper, Don Gillthorpe, Mark Jordan,
- Themba Mvula, Stuart Overington, Manvinder Rattan,
- Sarah Tenant-Flowers, Suzzie Vango and Ula Weber.
Who Should Attend?
- Vocal Leaders, including Teachers
Ula Weber for any general conference enquiries. Bursaries are available for teachers and vocal leaders working with primary age children, and those aged 16-26 who are considering a career in the field. Please check our Scholarship & Bursary Information page for full eligibility criteria; if you have a query that isn't covered on the page, please contact Manvinder Rattan.
Course fees include all tuition and digital resources. Virtual Choir Course - £150 for members, £200 for non-members; Conducting Courses - £240 for members, £290 for non-members.
For event booking terms & conditions click here.Annual membership offers a host of benefits and discounts for just £40 (£15 for under-26s) - consider becoming a member. Apply here
Please pay via the SfP online shop
We arrange day and residential courses, workshops, training days and bespoke events for singers, choirs, schools and teachers in the UK and abroad. Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Sing for Pleasure conductor training is at four levels; Foundation, Intermediate 1, Intermediate 2 and Advanced. Students move through the levels according to their experience and progress. Please visit our Conductor Training page for more details.
We publish a range of song collections containing a wide variety of enjoyable songs and arrangements from a broad selection of musical traditions. Please visit our Publication for Adults and Publications for Children pages for details, or go directly to our online shop to purchase songbooks.
We also have access to a variety of bursaries and scholarships. Please visit our Scholarship & Bursary Information page for more details.